All The Winners From The 2015 GQ Awards: Sam Smith, Jose Mourinho & More!

GQ Awards 2015 winners: Mourinho wins Editors Special Award

The awards took place at the Royal Opera House, and was hosted by Samuel L. Jackson.

Ant-Man actor Paul Rudd was named the Leading Man of the Year, the biggest award of the night.
“I’m so touched, truly, to be here and to be accepting this… I love GQ magazine and I always have,” Rudd said in his appreciation speech.
“When I was 15-years-old, I got a year’s subscription for Christmas… [So] that GQ would recognise me as someone that could [represent this], I really appreciate it.”

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho won the Editor’s Special Award, although he admitted to not knowing why he won the award.
“During my career I’ve received a few awards and I always know why: because I win football matches,” Mourinho said in his acceptance speech. “This is the first award where I get it and I don’t know why.”

See the full list of winners below.
Leading Man – Paul Rudd
Creative Icon – Marc Newson
Editor’s Special – José Mourinho
Designer – Kim Jones
Breakthrough Designer – Christopher Raeburn
TV Personality – James Corden
Outstanding Achievement – Stuart Broad
Actor: Christoph Waltz
Vertu Breakthrough Actor – Jack O’Connell
Woman – Emilia Clarke
Hugo Boss Most Stylish Man – David Gandy
Band: Blur
Breakthrough Musician – James Bay
Cultural Icon – J J Abrams
Icon: Lionel Richie
Creative Icon: Marc Newson
Politician – George Osborne
Ciroc Solo Artist – Sam Smith
Comedian – Will Ferrell
Inspiration – Giorgio Moroder
Writer: Nic Pizzolatto
Sportsman – Lewis Hamilton
Legend – Keith Richards
Previous
Next Post »